White + Rosé Wines from the Rhône Valley
When I drink a great Rhône, it is as if my heart and palate have traded places.
Wine expert Robert M. Parker, Jr.
When: May 21, 2017 2-4 PM
Where: Pierre Loti Union Square
53 Irving Place at 17th Street between Park Avenue South & 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10003
Ticket Price: $39
Learn about the Rhône Valley's white and rosé wines. White grape varieties like Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne, Grenache blanc create lovely and textured white wines of the region. The rosés are delightful with a deep pink hue, and perfect for a picnic or meal!
We'll have 7 wines plus a sparkling wine from the Rhone Valley as an aperitif. The tasting will be led by John Camacho Vidal of Wine Stories NY, a renowned New York wine expert. Plan to enjoy this special event in the European atmosphere of Pierre Loti Union Square.
The wines we will taste:
• Vins Jean Luc Colombo Côtes du Rhône La Redonne 2015
• Gabriel Meffre Côtes du Rhône La Chasse Prestige 2015
• Cave de Tain Crozes Hermitage Grand Classique 2015
• Domaine de Montine Grignan les Adhémar Viognier 2016
• Vins Jean Luc Colombo Saint Péray LA belle de mai 2014
• Domaine Brotte Tavel Les Eglantiers 2015 Rosé
• Château d'Aqueria Tavel Château d'Aqueria 2016 Rosé
This tasting is part of the Rhone Valley Vineyards Bistro project that will be headquartered at Pierre Loti Chelsea May 11 to the 24th. There will be special Rhône happy hours every day, wine dinners and a sweepstakes to win a trip for two to the Rhône Valley.